Maybe!

Tuesday, August 2

LM: Mom, can I please go over to X's house today. 
Me: I don't know Little Man, we'll see.

LM:  But Mom, you need to say Yes, No, or Maybe!
Me:  I don't want to answer because if I say yes and we can't you'll get mad, if I say No you'll get mad now, and if I say maybe, you'll think it means yes. I just don't know, we have a lot to do today.

LM:  (with heavy 5 year old sarcasm) Mom, I know that maybe means yes ooorrrrr no!
Me:  (with snippy usually only hubby gets this tone of voice) Oh really? So if I say maybe, and then later if we're too busy and you can't go over, are you going to throw a fit because even though I said maybe you secretly took it to mean yes, and then you're disappointed because the answer is no?

LM:  (quietly)  Maybe.
Me:  (with large sigh) Ex-actly.




posted by Amy's Working @ 12:58 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com