i'm not ready for this school shit!

Friday, September 16

In case you were wondering if I am a bad mom, let me clear it up for you, the answer is YES!  At least according to my son.  See we got this flyer from school about some picnic or fall thing that is happening tonight.  I read bring chairs, bring bug spray, and I thought no way, it's not going to be fun, it's Friday night and I have NO desire to do this, so I tossed the paper.
 
In parallel with that, hubby had some stuff come up and was looking at what Friday would be better to be away, I said this one (as in today) because next Friday is the Friday before little prince's birthday party I would need help getting the house in shape.  For the party.  Which i have not started planning for yet.  And no one has an invitation to. And I have to get done by tomorrow if there is any hope of any of his friends being able to make it.  It's going to be at the house which means I also need to plan for rain as the idea is to keep everyone outside for as long as possible. 
 
But that's not why I am a bad Mom, you can judge me on that next week.  This week I'm a bad mom because my son has spent the better part of a day in tears since EVERYONE IS GOING TO THE SCHOOL TONIGHT BUT HIM.
 
Shit, I live in the land of the eager, fully-invovled mother.  Not the, I'm tired, and need a martini, you kids go to bed, it's Friday mother - that Mom I get along with.  So now I'm not sure what to do - it said to let them know by yesterday whether or not you were coming so they could plan.  I could be the Mom that just shows up and does they "hey I work, at least I'm here face".  I could call a couple other parents to see if they are really going.  I could call the teacher and bitch her out for being either a part of the communist propaganda maching pushing all that community bullshit, or a part of the right wing capitalist conspiracy trying to rasie money for a public school which is already well funded by my taxes.
 
I so don't want to go to this.  First, I really don't like things outdoors at dusk.  Secondly I do not have the energy to meet a bunch of new people and sitting in my chair with my fuck-off face doesn't help little prince's cause.  Third, hubby is not home, so I would have to do this solo and do the chase around my daughter to keep her out of trouble, and whisper yell at the kids to get in the god damn car when it's time to go.  Oh, and I would have to starve because I have issues with eating food prepared in large vats at schools or other institutions, plus it's probably hot dogs and jello which make me want to hurl.
 
Or, I could stay home and be the bitch mom and I listen to about 4 hours of constant crying and wining unless I bribe him, or threaten him, and feel like shit because I totally hated when everyone else was doing something and I didn't go.
 
Ok, I'll be honest, there is no way in hell I am going to this thing tonight, and yes, I think that makes me a bad mom, and I feel sad for him that he's the child of the Mom who hates this sort of stuff - I'll try harder next time. *sigh* 


posted by Amy's Working @ 1:06 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com