Blog redirect - GO BUCKS!

Friday, September 9

I was planning to write about the mystery of my children never being in a good mood at the same time so there's always angst in the house, and while it would have been funny and insightful and touching, I just couldn't focus because really all I keep thinking about is Big Ten Football!  So I deleted those paragraphs, did a blog redirect and now plan to spend the next few minutes gushing about my true love, big ten football!  Ok ladies don't tune out yet, because this is the quickest way to your mans heart.  Ok, maybe it's not big ten football, but most guys love sports, and if you learn to love it, your weekends are a lot more fun.  Trust me, there is nothing better than after the big game, your team won, sex!

I am an Ohio girl through and through and part of being raised in Ohio is the love of Ohio State Football. It's like the Red Sox in the Northeast, everyone in your family are fans, children are raised with the hopes of one day playing on the team, being a cheerleader for the team, or marching in the band.  As a girl I was raised on football and it has never left me, Hubby knew a condition of marriage was adopting the bucks with active participation required. He was initially hesitant but has sense become the envy of many of his friends because "amy likes football as much as you - dude you are so lucky!"  No shit, and I give good head too.  Yes, he is a lucky man.

Anyway, this weekend is possibly one of the biggest games we've played since the National Championship Title Game (which we won by the way) a few years back.  Yes all of you in the south may think Texas is great and they are going to light us up, but I beg to differ.  Texas hasn't played in the horseshoe, they haven't experienced the good ol Midwest, hard working, never quit, smash you in the mouth football that everyone from Ohio to Iowa loves to watch.  For the past month this is all my family has talked about - it actually keeps us close.  I talk to cousins in Cleveland, family in toledo, and even have family coming to our house on Saturday because this is a game you just can't watch alone.  I know, nuts huh?  My daughter will be wearing her cheerleading outfit, my son will be in a jersey, and I and hubby will be decked out in as much scarlet and grey as we can layer on ourselves. I will spare you the photo of my red thong - but trust me, it's good luck AND hot!  We will drink lots of beer, we will eat wings and burgers, we will yell at the TV thinking they can hear us.  We will live out the traditions O-H   I-O. 

Am I nuts for this - yeah, but it fills me with memories of my uncle's houses where the kids knew to keep quite and watch the game.  It reminds me of all that is great about the Midwest. It connects me to all of my family who will be watching, we'll be thinking of each other, we'll call and shout into the phone for ten seconds after key plays are made, we'll laugh and love and gauff at those poor Texans who came in cocky to the horseshoe and are now shaking their heads at the intensity of Ohioans.

Make fun all you like, but I challenge you to go to a game at Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, Penn State, Minnesota, pick any of the schools - it's like nothing you've ever been a part of before.  The people are CA-RA-ZY, and just when you think your heart may burst from it all, the 4th quarter begins and you realize everything before that a warm up, the band works you into a frenzy, the crowd feeds on itself and manages to get louder.  Your body vibrates, your ears ring, and you just can't believe you're there. 

Yep baby, it's Buckeye Football, representin' the big ten in a major way.  I can't freaking wait, only 32 more hours until game time.  And if you don't believe me, look around today and tomorrow when you go to the store, the mall, or wherever you may be.  Ohioans have spread out across this country and all of them know the rules, on Friday and Saturday before game day you MUST wear red, or a team shirt, or any other sort of buckeye paraphernalia you can get your hands on.  You will see them, I promise you, and if you are really daring say "Go Bucks!"  They will look at you and smile and same back to you, members of a fraternity bonded together by the love of a state, it's people, and traditions.

GO BUCKS!


posted by Amy's Working @ 11:23 AM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com