Pod worthy

Monday, March 14

I just got my iPod - she's a mini, pink, and is my new obsession.

I've read about others falling in love, and thought it was over-rated, over-hyped, or those people were not like me. Wrong!

Here's what happened to me - arrived on Wednesday, looked at it a little, but vowed to hold off until the weekend. Then Saturday, got the coffee, and decided to see how many it will really hold. Next I went and got every CD in the house and started going through them and reviewing: do I love the album, a song, or is this one of my husbands - hello did I know you loved Rush so much? Then I would determine if they were pod worthy and into the computer they went. My entire family thought I was nuts - "honey, when are you going to get off the computer?" In a little bit, I just want to get through rock bands!

I've loved all kinds of music and all kinds of bands, so as I loaded up my Pretty in Pink iPod, I did the equivalent, of "this is your life". My sexual discovery to Madonna Duran Duran and my I'm a "bad girl", hair band's like Poison, Motley Crue, and Van Halen. OU812 - how I have missed thee. Then my eclectic grunge, flannel tied around my waist years of Pearl Jam and Nirvana coupled with dance club tracks where I used to go to kiss boys. Rythm is a Dancer and a wild night on a boat in Greece are one in the same and always will be.

The whole time the music was loading, I was in my own little world - before the hubby, before the kids, before the career, and I would sample songs of the albums and remember parts of my life that have been filed away in some cases for decades. And it was in that moment, thinking of standing in a high school gym dancing to Lucky Star that I realized Fuck, I'm getting old!

tonight -the years of courtship, marriage and kids. As for the family, they'll have to wait until I get these memories in the pod. Someday this baby is going to save me from my fate with dimentia - I may forget who my kids are and not know where I'm at, but hook me up to my pod, shuffle to the 80's Rock playlist, and after the first rif from Pound Cake, I'll remember standing on the folding chairs in theme park rockin' out with my best friend, and I'll know exactly who I am.


posted by Amy's Working @ 10:30 AM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com