I like to be alone

Tuesday, March 15

What's so wrong about wanting to be alone some times? Is this a phenomenon tied to only-children? introverts? anit-social?

I'm not any of those, but I love alone time, it's not me time - me time is the trips to Elizabeth Arden for several hours of pampering. Alone time is when everyone is out of the house for an extended period of time and I can just be with myself, my thoughts and no one is up in my space.

My husband does not understand alone time, I resent him for it. My kids don't understand alone time, I vow to teach them the pleasure of it. Knowing that there was no chance I get the kids and him out of the house for days on end, I decide that I need to go for little pockets of time.

This morning I locked myself in the bathroom and ignored all knocks, pleas, cries and husband inquiries as to what I was doing, when I was coming out, and claims that others needed to use the toilet - hello there are 4 in our house, you don't need mine! What did i do? Just sat in the shower with the water beating down on me and spent some time alone. After I was out and drying off, hubby asked with slight sneer "oh is this some of that alone time?" Rather than take the bait, I put on my sweet smile and in the kindest voice said - yep and I need to do this from time to time or the alternative is I rip your fucking head off and shove it down your neck - you chose sweety.

Mom you're going to rip off daddy's head?!?!?!

Just mabye!

And off to work I went.


posted by Amy's Working @ 10:19 AM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com