I Feel For Ya

Tuesday, August 30

What is it with our hubbies and not seeing the giant to-do list in the sky? At any given time I can rattle off 10 things that need done around the house, groceries that need bought, the next 4 docotors appointments on the calendar, and what's for diner. Hubby can tell you - well the last time we had sex, and the starting line up of the California Angels. I had a friend email about her sons first day of school. It was great, but the prep to get there, not so hot. She had taken the kids for the weekend so her hubby had a guys weekend, no kids, mild debauchery, and lots of fun. Lucky Man. When she arrrived home on Sunday at 9pm nothing was ready for school for the next day. No groceries, no laundry, no backpacks, nothing. Or as she said NOOOTTTTHHHIINNNNGGGGG.


Oh yeah, she was pissed. At him for not knowing to do it, and at herself for not telling him.


The thing is, if she had told him he would have had it done, probably. If she wrote it down and put it somewhere where he was sure to see it, he would have had it done, most likely. If she called him twice to see how he was doing and casually reminded him that their son was starting Kindergarten and the following things needed to be done, he would have done them, definately.


She wrote me this morning still mad a day later and I had that, ugh I feel for ya. I know she bitched him out and he stood there and took it like a man but had the big eyed, what did you expect, you didn't call to remind me face but enough sense not to say it out loud. I totally know my hubby would have done the EXACT same thing. He just doesn't see it. If I organize it, list it, and post it, he can follow along. But connecting the dots - he school starts, hmmm, we need to get his stuff ready, ok, I'll pack the backpack and make sure clothes are clean, he could never string that out by himself.


Now, knowing the starting quarterbacks for the past 10 years of the maimi dolphins, that he has no problem remembering. Or, remembering to prep for a fantasy draft, boy the to do list that man could create would humble sports illustrated. Of course it always makes me want to throw words around like 'fucking priorities' or 'ass hat' or 'i know you're not fucking stupid but god damn you sure know how to act like it'. I'm sure similar words of hate and scorn were flung around her clans house Sunday.


I being the ever kind friend sent back the following email - if I can't solve at least I can point out what's good


Sorry you hubby was such a dufus. Remember, you didn't marry him for his organization skills, you knew well before "I do" that he did not win any awards for masterful list making. Honey you married him for that great ass, big cock, and kind heart. Thankfully those won't go for a few more years so forgive him and think of the great memory you'll have of Kindergarten to lord over him for at least the next 12 years.


PS - this is the same email she sent to me last month when I was bitching - we just send it back and forth with the grievance updated - feel free to borrow and send to friends, or remind me the next time I'm bitching.


posted by Amy's Working @ 12:39 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com