Blather

Friday, August 26

My daughter starts a new day care on Monday and they asked us to make sure to bring her records and shot information. I called up the doctors and asked if I could stop by and pick up the information at lunch today.


ummm Mrs. Amy, the last time she was in her for a physical was March 2004.


Oh - (shit, shit, shit, shit, shit) Is she up to date on her shots?


Hold On, well it looks like she's ok with all but one.


Oh - (fuck, fuck fuck, fuck) Um can I bring her in this afternoon?


Hold On, it is sort of last minute.


Oh internet, you would be so proud of me, I knew it was my fault and I totally didn't freak out on this lady, my voice didn't raise, I didn't act like a crazy mad women demanding to be seen. Instead, I went with the tried and true pitty party. I threw myself at the mercy of the nurse, hoping against all hopes that the working mom in her would take pity on my poor pathetic soul.


You see, this is just awful, my daughters starts daycare on Monday and I feel so bad that I haven't taken care of this, but they won't take her unless I have this paper, and you see we won't have anyone to watch her, and 3 is too young to be home alone, and I've had a really hard year, did I mention our car died recently, and I just am so overwhelmed with life, and geez I'm a horrible mom and I really feel awful that I haven't been in with her but you'll see she has been in at least 8 times for various ear infection and other diseases so it's not like we're not taking her to see you guys, and do you think there is any possible way we can come see you guys, I am just so upset by this I really hope you understand, and oh did I mention that my husband is starting school on monday and we're all really nervous about that too, and we really need her to be in daycare on Monday and her brothers starting kindergarten and we did get him in this summer to see you so it's not like i'm totally incompentent and im really nervous about him starting kindergarten and i hope that little miss does ok in her new school and we're worried about how we're going to coordinate all the dropping off and picking up and..........


Um Mrs.Amy?


Yes?


Bring her in at 2


Sometimes blathering works better than begging.


posted by Amy's Working @ 11:33 AM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com