Are they invited or not?

Monday, August 15

This weekend we received a lovely, thick envelope addressed the Mr. and Mrs. Hubby and Family.  Upon opening the beautiful wedding invitation we found a second envelope that had, in lovely script writing, Hubby, Amy, Little Man, and Princess.  Great, we're all invited to a fun wedding!  In reviewing all the pretty stuff inside the envelope and having a 10 minute conversation with hubby about why they still needed to include tissue paper when clearly this wasn't done on a printing press, we looked at the information for the reception.  "Adult Reception".  Hello, mixed message! You listed my children on the invitation, but you told me only adults?  Wouldn't it be better to say Adult only church service since really, that's where the kids don't belong.  Moreover, I just talked to you like 10 days ago and you told me all about your siblings and there kids and how my kids would have plenty of people to hang with.  Hello? What the fuck does adults only mean?  Being the smart Mom with a weekend full of oppressive heat in front of her, I put down the invitation and ignored it.

Sure enough, ol eagle eyed Mom is  emailing me this morning frantic over the phrase and wondering where we were going to ditch the kids, if I was going to ask the bride to clarify, and just WHAT THE HECK WE WERE GOING TO DO.  So now I'm irritated.  I'm driving 8 fucking hours in a car with 2 young children and paying for 2 nights of hotel and taking a day off of work because I really want to see this lovely couple (who is also family) get married.  I'm thrilled they think enough of us to put our whole family on the invitation, but now I'm confused as to how to handle it.  My first and probably most likely choice is to bring the kids to everything lie to my mother and tell her I asked them if it was ok and tell her they said yes when I did not ask, be ok if I annoy them for the kids being there, and just have fun kids and all with the relatives.

Simply my worry list is done filled up and this does not warrant kicking a more importnat worry (like the fact that hubbies piece of shit car died this weekend and we are likely going to have to buy a new one) off the list.  Still, it irks me because I now have 58 days of my mother irriating me like she did when I was 16 because I'm handling something different than the way she wanted me to.


posted by Amy's Working @ 1:42 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com