Hey Boss, can I have 5 weeks of vacation?

Wednesday, August 24

You know what really irks me more than anything else about W is that he has the balls to take so much freakin vacation when we're at war, gas is at a record high, and the economy is not looking all that great! Your country hired you to fucking lead us, there has been some crazy shit that has gone one since you've been in office, I don't think my expectation are out of line for wanting you to bust your god damn balls day in and day out to fix this mess.   I mean really, you need time to "... be outside exercising. So I'm mindful of what goes on around me. On the other hand, I'm also mindful that I've got a life to live, and will do so." [NYT] Give me a freakin' break.  Do you know that most of us don't get 2 weeks a year because the time off we do get we usually use to take care of sick kids or all the other shit that has to get done in our lives?  And my job is not nearly as important as his, but he's off riding his bike around getting some excercise and living his life while me, I'm at work, making sure my family gets paid so we can afford 3 god damn dollars a gallon.  Or, better yet, you have a life to live, but you don't seem all the worried about the guys dying over there while you all figure out what the fuck to try next.

I love that Cindy Sheehan is ruining his vacation.  LOVE IT!   Whether you agree with the war or not, whether you think it hurts the troops moral or not, you gotta love the gumption of a pissed off mom.  That's all she is.  Pissed her kid is dead and this guy has the balls to take a vacation.  You know he is just steamed every time he drives up to that ranch and sees the people out there messing up the view.  You know he hates to be out taking one of those bullshit clear the brush hikes and hears the chants from the crowd. This is probably one of the worst vacations of his presidency.  Way to go Cindy!

Ok, so if you think I'm part of some sort of a liberal conspiracy, here's a few more facts:  This august getaway is the 49th vacation he's taken, he's been on vacation for over 339  days (and counting)  in 5 years - imagine how many days he'll have off by the time he gets to the end of the 2nd term.  339 days in 5 years for you would be the same as having every friday off.  He has the record for most vactioned president, and managed to beat Reagan who had part of his time out with a gun shot wound.  Fox news likes to point out that people used to be ok when they covered clinton's vacations - hello, in 8 years he took 152 days - thats the same as most of us. And, best of all, because Cindy's messing up the Ranch, he took a vacation from his vacation and went to Idaho to do some mountain biking.  Yep, you paid 3 grand in fuel so air force one could shlep his bike to idaho.

Today I'm going to go in and ask my boss for 5 weeks of vacation.  I'll offer to let people stop by to brief me on any hot topics that may be happening at work - no more than an hour a day, but still I'll keep in touch, and you know what, I'll be a better employee when i get back because I'll exercise and eat right and be so refereshed for the fall that it will certainly be worth the paid time off.  I figure if my boss asks me if I'm nuts, I'll just say - hey the President can do it and still keep the country running, clearly I should be able to right?

Fuck this guy pisses me off.  Keep on Keepin On Cindy, I don't necessarily agree that we can just yank ourselves out of Iraq, but I love the mother in you who decided, fuck this, I'm going to get some answers and ruin that mans vacation!


posted by Amy's Working @ 11:34 AM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com