Tivo Season Pass Must: Tommy Lee Goes to College!

Friday, August 12

If you've ever needed a reason to figure out your Tivo, next Tuesday night is it, get the season pass ready to go for the greatest show of the summer, Tommy Lee goes to College. Now if you don't know who Tommy Lee is well then you're a troubled person and we will never be friends. If you've given up on him because of the whole wacky bad boy thing, well then, you just don't understand rockers. And if you were ever in band and loved those drummers, will then this show is for you!

My husband, the high school jock, always checks out at this point in our conversation about band, band being cool, and drummers being bad ass. They carried a drum, not a football he'll say. I, not wanting to give away too much of my scandolous past usually just keep quiet at that point, but let me tell you, a boy who can march and play a snare and symbol at the same time can also bang the heck out of you in the back fo a car bedroom.

So the premise of this show is that Tommy Lee goes to the university of Nebraska (ok, not a big 10 school but better than an ACC one) and takes classes, lives in the dorms, and tries out and makes the marching band. That's right, the boy is in the drumline and I can NOT WAIT to see this show! It is reality TV, Tommy Lee, and drumline fused into one 1988 flashback for me.

I went poking around on N*C's website to make sure I got the day and time right (tues. 10pm), read show details, etc. when I stumbled across some photos, and there it was, the one that every drummer has to take, the infamous drumline photo - every guy or girl whose ever been in a drumline or knows a drummer knows of this pose. It's the "I'm a bad motherfucker" face while the body is turned so you can also see the drumline jacket. I have many fantasies memories of boys posed like this.



Last night I was determined to bring hubby along to my way of thinking. He loved the Crue, he thinks Tommy is cool, so I thought now is my chance. I started talking about the show, him taking classes, living in the dorms, and I could see hubby was buying into the premise, and then I dropped the bomb - you know he joins the band and is in the drumline? He made a face and I pulled out the photo - look honey, it's just like the stuff I showed you, how can you say this is still not cool? It's fucking Tommy Lee and he's not signed up for the football team, he's signed up for the drumline. Silence. And so I went in for the kill.

Honey, I have one final point to make and it's this. You have never seen Pam date a football player or other jock for that matter. She is drawn to Tommy because drummers have this magnetism about them, she knows he's the love of her life even if he's bad, she also knows he's the best fuck of her life. Why, because it is cool, otherwise Tommy wouldn't have done it. And that my dear is why band is a better activity than football for our son. Ok so I pushd it by throwing the son in there because I think I had him until that point. Still this show is it for me, it reminds me all the reasons I loved my late teens and early twenties, it reminds me of why I love hairbands and rockers, and most of all, it reminds me of just how fucking hot those drummers are.


posted by Amy's Working @ 9:20 AM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com