shelving

Tuesday, August 9

I asked my husband to add a shelf to our closet.  there is one up high, there is one down low, and because we have so much fold and shelve clothing, I wanted one in the middle.  You would think I've asked this man to build me a fucking hover craft.  After several days of nagging and whining he finally dragged his ass to Hom$ Dep*t.  This of course is after hours of measuring, and analyzing and planning.

Right now he is going BACK to HD because the shelf he bought isn't right.  And, oh by the way, anything he does buy will likely result in some desconctruction, shelf cutting, and may be hard to get exactly what i want?  WHAAAA?  It's a fucking shelf.  You know the metal wire kind with a few support brackets.  I explained that he had a choice of either getting it right tonight or I would do it my damn self.  After a lovely screaming match with me explaining how I would do it verrrryyyyy ssssllooooowwwwllyyyy.  He says "oh, well that's not what I thought you wanted"  Fuckin' eh.  I wanted a god damn shelf.

And then it hit me. that's why NASA has so many problems with the space program.  too many fucking men.  Of course the titles fell of - have you ever had your hubby tile something - if our bathroom had to go to space, tiles would definitely fall off.  And you know all those space guys over fucking analyze everything.  Tell ya what nasa.  I extend to you an open invitation.  Hire 10 moms, agree to take care of all the shit we currently manage in our day to day lives, and give us 6 months of training on the basics of rocket making and I guarantee you we will not only get your asses to that space station, we'll fly you to fucking mars, AND make sure the fucking toilets on board are clean when you return.  I'm serious, I don't need to know all the jet propulsion shit, I just need to be the work wife of some of those science guys you got there.  Case in point - why did the shuttle get back safely - a women was running the show!

In the mean time, I'll continue to sit here stewing until hubby shows up with a shelf and 10 other things he didn't need from HD and then I will drop kick his ass to the moon.


posted by Amy's Working @ 7:36 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com