Ummmmm

Monday, June 6

New guy started this week at work - he's supposed to help with business operations, forecasting budgets, etc.  I'm excited to hear this because I am on the ball with this sort of thing and glad to see the company finally realize this is important. Until I talked to him today - just a clue, when you conversation with a new person is peppered with uhs and huhs, odds are, he's not going to make you say WOW.

Uh hello, Amy, this is BOG (business operations guy).  Me - Hi, glad to finally talk to you.  BOG:  Um, I'm looking at your sub contractor invocies and a lot of them are late.  And he says this is that, I barely have a pulse, totally not-engaged sort of way.

Now I'm annoyed.  First, the obvious monotoned uh and huh conversation, second because my invoices from the sub are NOT late, they are totally ok - hello it's the 6th of June, and I have May's invoices in front of me - 6 days after the end of the month, 3 business days after the end of the month.  This is really good if not great!

Explain the issues for why I'm not faxing them over today, realize that he totally doesn't understand what I'm talking about, work to quickly get off the phone and on to the real work of the day.  Resign myself to another dud - I mean who interviews these people?  What's the criteria?  Looking for someone with a pulse who can successfully occupy this chair? Who has mastery of the english language, specifically terms such as ummmm, huh and uh? Please.

Good news, I am still on the ball with my operations, budgets, forecasts and have a good handle on what is and what will be.  Bad news - anticipating lots of annoying emails and phone calls plus hours of trying to explain it to the BOG.  I know at some I will have to challenge myself not to become saracastic and start paroting back just because I'm annoyed - Um BOG, hmmm, uhh I don't know why the ummm invoices are ummm late.  Huh.


posted by Amy's Working @ 2:10 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com