Starring Buffalo Gal

Tuesday, June 14


I know I complain mightily about the winters in this part of the world,
but honestly, it's so much easier to put more clothes ON.  To sink down
into a hot bathtub.  To slip under a down comforter and cuddle around
the warm body next to you.  To wrap cold hands around a mug of hot
chocolate and breathe in its heady fragrance.

In contrast, when you're too hot, there's nothing you can do.  No more
clothes you can take off.  No way to get cool unless you're near some
water in a bathing suit.  Instead of desiring more human contact, you
find yourself pushing it away because you don't want extra heat anywhere
near you.  And instead of luscious hot chocolate with those fabulous
mini-marshmallows, you're guzzling glass after glass of water, which
just means you have to pee a lot more and frankly, who's got time for that?

No thanks.

Don't get me wrong, heat is inherently sexy.  There's nothing real
desirable about mittens, scarves and a down parka, but when the
temperatures go up, the skirts get shorter, the tops get tighter there's
all that extra skin exposed... it's a veritable moveable feast for the
eyes.  Not to mention the salty taste of sweat of someone's skin as you
kiss the back of their neck, causing goose bumps to rise... well, there
aren't many sensations like it.

But today , I was standing there in what I swear was a
simulated version of HELL, sweat running down my back with no
opportunity to take off more clothes, no one remotely available to kiss
the back of my neck as I picked my hair up off it and leaned exhaustedly
back against the board, and I was like, those Buffalo winters aren't
looking too bad right about now.



posted by Amy's Working @ 10:59 AM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com