Dirty Little Secret

Monday, April 14

I've already made up my mind about what the next 2 years needs to look like for my career. And I feel relieved. For me the hardest part is just making the decision, one I've got it worked out, I go forward, no regrets, and enjoy.

Tonight I'm supposed to be working, but its on stuff I hope to shed in the coming weeks. Instead of doing the work, I read 2 books to princess, hung out on the couch with little man talking and snuggled with little munchkin before putting her to bed. Tomorrow night - have to leave by 4:30 for first baseball game. next night same time for princess first t-ball game. I keep thinking ooh god, I need to get this news out in the world and have someone else in place so I don't leave things hanging. Still the balance feels amazing. And the work will still be good.

that was the other surprise for me today. sitting in a team meeting, laughing with the team, I realized, i wasn't ready to leave them and they aren't ready for me to go. So i have a dirty little secret and over the next few weeks I need to work my network and management chain so I can evolve my role without totally fucking my career.

and the money, well lord child i would love that money, but it's not like i'm broke and whats the point of owning an acura mdx if i'm never in it because it's always parked at the office?

This zen moment brought to you by Jacobs Creek Shiraz Cabarnet


posted by Amy's Working @ 8:26 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com