Balance

Saturday, April 12

I have the opportunity to be promoted to a VP in our company. It'd be a great job, I would get a nice raise, annual bonus would go up and know I could do the job. But, I'm struggling with saying yes because on one hand this puts our family into a new level of financial security. We move from being good to comfortable. From the Honda to the Acura if you know what I mean.

The down side is that first, I don't know if I'm ready for this and secondly I can't totally disengage from the project I'm doing now which means i'm going to have to eliminate any and all parts of my life for the next 6 months to pull it off. This would be easier if I didn't feel loyalty to a customer - and before you say screw them, it's one of those good for the country kinds of projects so really, go for greed or my own geeky way of national services.

Bottom line, if I don't take the position, I have to tell them to hire someone else, likely push VP off for 2 years and hope the new boss is good.

Right now I'm leaning towards having the conversation of not me, not now and working to shed some of the current expectations and pressures that are on me. I want to focus on other things besides just work this year. I'm trying to remember that being glutonous is not good. Still its hard to even think about saying nope, sorry, I know what I'm doing but it' s not right for me right now and you can't wait 6 months for me.

Still the idea of saying no makes me feel more relieved than disappointed.


posted by Amy's Working @ 1:28 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com