I forgive you

Wednesday, April 9

I forgive you all the things that drive me nuts
I forgive you all the things you do that I ignore because we're in it forever
I have moved from anger to amusement at the oddities that are you
I have accepted you quirks and all

But me, well I am perpetually late and an abdicator of time
My clock, my time piece has never synced with the normal world
i forget it
i ignore it
i miss it
i abhore it

but that trait in me which i have tried to organize, control, overplan out can't be squashed out
an you hate it
you know it is not w0rk that makes me this way
the clock and i miss each other every saturday and sunday too
but you hate it
almost hate me
so angry

and I wonder after how many years together, decades almost know
when will it be cute
or at least not something that makes you scream
when will it be something you just build into the fabric of our lives because you know it's me

i forgive you for not being able to accept this thing so fundamental in me that I feel like a river being forced north that should go south
i pray you'll come to peace with me, who i am, big, fatal flaws and all
and I'm sorry
for not having the watch on
not keeping track of the time
not being near the cell phone
for being late
for you thinking it means I didn't appreciate where you needed to be
for doing it again
and again
for not even trying to act super sorry
for not making an excuse - i'm tired of them and tired of trying
for not being able to stop

i love you madly, deeply forever and will hold out hope - wish time on my side - that i'll get better before another relaspe and you'll come to grow old with me and see that i'm not doing it because i don't care where you need to be, its just who i am

and yes, my dear daughter, someday I will take your husband aside and explain exactly why he needs to stop getting so angry because I know you too possess this gift where you can jump in and out of time. if i can't get your father to understand maybe we will together or I will save you countless arguments with your own prince charming

sigh


posted by Amy's Working @ 8:26 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com