Redo button

Thursday, July 14

This morning at 4:30am, precisely One hour and 38 minutes before my alarm was to go off, the shirll scream of my child peirced the night and I jumped out of bed.  Turns out little miss had fallen out of bed and was freaked.  Thankfully nothing was hurt and I carried her back to my room to settle her back down.  36 minutes of begging to watch princesses and her tugging in my hair and she finally fell back to sleep.

2 hours and 45 minutes after that, or 7:45 in case I'm not doing time right, I woke up - that would be about 90 minutes later than I planned.  Saw the clock, did the double take holy shit and hopped into the shower.  Scrub, scrub, scrub and by 8:00 I'm in the basics, teeth brushed and contacts in.  Click.  Click.  Click, Click, Click.  What isn't the hair dryer coming on?  Curling iron light is on, outlet has not blown.  Pull out plug, Reset. Click. Click.  Reset. Reset.  Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.  8:05.  Run to other room with dryer.  Click. Click.  Unplug and spin it around - has little miss changed some power thing somewhere and messed this thing up?  Spin, Spin, Spin.  Can't find anything.  Plug it back in.  Click. Click.  Shit nothing.  Shit, I spent 40 fucking dollars on this thing 3 months ago so I woudln't go through them so quickly and this mother chucker isn't working. Ok, time's a wasting, should have left 30 minutes ago.  Towel dry bangs and kind of style - get a monster clip and just hope for the best.

Oh good, cute earings, that way people will see my pretty pink danglies and not notice how jacked up my hair is.  Time for clothes. Pants on - where's the top? Push clothes around for 5 more minutes - AHHHHH dry cleaners, never made it over there.  Change again.  Change again, Change again.  Vow to order some new shirts to wear with my suits that don't have permanent kids stains on them.  Ok good enough.  Rush downstairs, quick goodbye and grateful hug to Mom. Car on - and driving. exactly 4 hours after my morning began.  Hmmm, I'm hungry, let's start in on that bagel while I sit in this traffic.  Hey, where's the bagel?  Or my coffee?  Or my LUNCH? 

Give me a redo button so I can Click.


posted by Amy's Working @ 3:56 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com