Every needs their Mommy

Monday, July 11

My boys are in California this week visting Hubbys' family.  I didn't go because I don't have a lot of leave at work, and I need to save it for my side of the families obligatory trips!  The good news is they are having a great time - going to see the Angels baseball game, playing with cousins, lots of swimming.  The even better news for me is that my Mom has come down to stay with me while they're gone and watch little miss for the week.

That's right, I have my Mommy, and having her around is great.  It's like having a wife.  She entertains my daughter with hours of tea party and dress-up.  She goes grocery shopping and makes dinner for me.  She picks up my house and is helping me unpack, and she loves doing it.  She loves being needed, and loves that her ferociously independent, I can do it my damn self daughter has given in, cried uncle, and is now grateful for her help, and begs her to come visit.

Don't worry, I'm not a slave driver, I don't even make a list for her. She just does it.  She likes helping, likes taking care of "her girls", she's from the midwest, they program that nuturing, homemaker crap into you there.  What amazes me is how much I am happy for her to do it.  When I was younger I resented any help from Mom, I always felt like it was some sublte critique of me, or that she didn't belive I could do it myself.  Now, I realize, that she just likes to be needed by her family, to feel relevant.  This is even more obvious because my brother, once a mammas boy, has decided that he doesn't need her now that he has a wife.  It makes her sad that he no longer wants her special brownies, or her to come down and help around his house.  I'm sad for her that he's like that, but secretly love it because it's more time for me!

Tonight, when I leave work, I will come home to a clean house, diner will be on the table and the girls will have a nice evening singing songs, coloring, and playing.  I'm glad I've grown up enough to know that I not only love my Mom, but I also like her company, and most importanly, I can accpet her help. 


posted by Amy's Working @ 12:44 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com