5 days of rest

Thursday, June 30

Having burned all my candles at all ends, I am now headed to the beach for 5 days of fun and sun. 

Haha - yes my kids are coming with me so technically it won't be all fun, but we will be with friends who have kids that when mixed with mine make them all behave fairly well.  What's even better is that they play together almost non stop so the adults actually get to sit and talk adult talk without too many interruptions.  Of course it takes us a few days to warm up to that, for the first few the adults sit in silence and totally love the fact that the only thing we hear is the surf and the clink of top being popped off a Corona.

This trip can't come at a better time. Work is getting busy, the house is still being unpacked, family commitments are pulling me in a thousand directions, and instead of me thinking about it for one hot second, I'm going to drink fruity drinks with rum, sit and fill my body with plenty of vitamin E, and watch my kids frolic in the surf.  If things go well, I will come back rested and renewed and ready to take on the world.  Or, even better I will convince hubby to ditch the rat race and we'll become those people who live at the beach all year round with hippie kids who are brown from the sun and never wear shoes, and we'll live of $10 a day from me having an icee stand and life will be simple and i think we would truly be happy.

Right now my choices are for my kids, and being a beach bum seems to selfish.  Ah, but it is a great dream.





posted by Amy's Working @ 1:26 PM 


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com